Be certified when most are not!
PAGT PM Exam
ITIL 4 Mock Exam
Indicates required field
1. What is Service Management?
The ability of an organization to carry out an activity
A means of enabling value co-creation by facilitating outcomes that customers want to achieve, without the customer having to manage specific costs and risks
A set of specialized organizational capabilities for enabling value for customers in the form of services
The perceived benefits, usefulness, and importance of something
2. Service is a means of enabling (?) co-creation by facilitating outcomes that customers want to achieve, without the customer having to manage specific costs and risks?
3. What should be assessed to evaluate whether a service offering will facilitate the desired outcomes of consumers?
Utility & Warranty
Partners & Suppliers
Economic & Technological Factors
Principles & Practices
4. The following are the roles in Service Consumption except?
5. How is Service Relationship Management defined?
The joint activities performed by a service provider and a service consumer to ensure continual value co-creation based on agreed and available service offerings
The cooperation between the service consumer and service provider
Activities performed by an organization to consume services
Activities performed by an organization or provide services
6. Which is closely related to the ‘organization and people’ dimension of service management?
Cognitive Computing and Artificial intelligence
Flexible partnerships and formal contracts
Management and leadership styles
Procedure documents and work instructions
7. What can be generally considered as the key output of the majority of IT services that are consumed by business customers?
8. Which applies to the ‘partners & suppliers’ dimension of service management?
Contracts and Agreements
Inventory Systems and Communication Systems
Communication and collaboration skills
Procedure Documents or Work Instruction Documents
9. How would a Process be LEAST described in ITIL4?
It transforms inputs to outputs
It has an objective to accomplish
It defines the sequence of actions, and their dependencies
It is a series of steps that an organization uses to create and deliver products and services to a service consumer
10. Which BEST defines the ITIL service value system (SVS)?
It is the means by which the organization is directed and controlled
It is the perceived benefits, usefulness and importance of something
It describes how all the components and activities of the organization work together as a system to enable value creation
It is a set of interconnected activities that an organization performs to deliver a valuable product or service
11. Which is NOT an accurate depiction of Value for the Service Consumer?
Value is defined by the needs of the service consumer
Value is achieved thru the support of intended outcomes and optimization of their costs and risks
Value is what the service provider defines for its service consumer
Value is expected to change over time in different circumstances
12. Which BEST relates to the principle of ‘start where you are’?
Use the minimum number of steps to accomplish an objective
Do not start over without first considering what is already available to be leveraged
Resist the temptation to do everything at once
No service, practice, process, department, or supplier stands alone
13. Which does NOT relate well to the principle of ‘progress iteratively with feedback’?
Never do everything at once
Organize work into smaller and manageable sections that can be completed in a timely manner
Gaining feedback in every iteration will ensure that actions are focused even if circumstances change
Do not accomplish huge initiatives iteratively
14. Which does NOT directly relate to the application of guiding principle of ‘collaborate and promote visibility’?
Collaboration does not mean Consensus
Recognize the complexity of systems
Communicate in a way that the Audience can hear
Decision can only be made on visible data
15. Which relates BEST to the guiding principle ‘think and work holistically’?
Eliminate anything that fails to provide value or produce useful outcome
Understanding the big picture is important, but so is making progress
Establish an understanding of how all parts of the organization work together in an integrated way
Technical and Human Resources should be used to their best effect
16. Which is NOT TRUE when applying the guiding principle of ‘keep it simple and practical’?
Simplicity is the best route to achieving quick wins
Simplicity is the ultimate complication
The easier to understand, the more likely to adopt
Respect the time of people involved
17. Which is NOT true when applying the guiding principle of ‘optimize and automate’?
Make use of what is already there to implement opportunities for optimization and automation quickly and economically
Selecting what to optimize and automate and how to do so should be based on what will create the best value for the organization
Attempting to automate work that is sub-optimal is likely to achieve the desired outcome
The intended and actual result of the optimization should be evaluated using an appropriate set of metrics
18. Governance is realized through the following activities EXCEPT?
19. What does the PLAN activity of the service value chain aim to ensure?
Continual improvement of products, services, and practices across all value chain activities and the 4 dimensions of service management
A shared understanding of the vision, current status, and improvement direction for all 4 dimensions and all products & services exists
Products and services continually meet stakeholder expectations for quality, costs, and time to market
Service components are available when and where they are needed and that they meet agreed specifications
20. What is the purpose of the IMPROVE activity of the service value chain?
To ensure the continual improvement of products, services, and practices across all value chain activities and the 4 dimensions of service management
To ensure that a shared understanding of the vision, current status, and improvement direction for all 4 dimensions and all products & services exists
To ensure that products and services continually meet stakeholder expectations for quality, costs, and time to market
To ensure that service components are available when and where they are needed and that they meet agreed specifications
21. The purpose of the ENGAGE activity of the service value chain is to provide a good understanding of stakeholder needs, transparency, and continual (?) and good relationships with all stakeholders.
22. What is the purpose of the DESIGN & TRANSITION activity of the service value chain?
Ensure the continual improvement of products, services, and practices across all value chain activities and the 4 dimensions of service management
Ensure that a shared understanding of the vision, current status, and improvement direction for all 4 dimensions and all products & services exists
Ensure that products and services continually meet stakeholder expectations for quality, costs, and time to market
Ensure that service components are available when and where they are needed and that they meet agreed specifications
23. The purpose of the OBTAIN / BUILD activity of the service value chain is to ensure that (?) are available when and where they are needed and that they meet agreed specifications.
Products and Services
24. The purpose of the DELIVER & SUPPORT activity of the service value chain is to ensure that (?) are delivered and supported according to agreed specifications including stakeholders’ expectations.
Products and Services
25. Which is NOT a good continual improvement practice?
Continual improvement is the responsibility of everyone
It is wise to include contribution to continual improvement in all job descriptions
Active participation in continual improvement activities is a core part of everyone’s job
Continual improvement should be excluded in all contracts with external suppliers and contractors
26. The purpose of (?) is to protect the information needed by the organization to conduct its business.
Infrastructure and Platform Management
27. Relationship Management ensures the following, EXCEPT?
Stakeholder needs and drivers are understood, and products & services are prioritized appropriately
Stakeholder complaints and escalations are handled well through a sympathetic yet formal process
Conflicting stakeholder requirements are mediated appropriately
Ensures that defined service levels are met thru management of metrics for services
28. Which is NOT a type of supplier relationship?
29. The scope of Change Enablement include anything that may impact what?
Profitability and cost
Products and services
Projects and programs
People and organizations
30. Which of the following is the BEST definition of an Incident?
It is a coordinated interruption to a service or reduction in the quality of a service
It is an unplanned interruption to a service
It is an unplanned interruption to a service or reduction in the quality of a service
It is a coordinated reduction in the quality of a service
31. The purpose of (?) is to plan and manage the full lifecycle of IT assets to help the organization manage value & risk, control cost, support decision making and meet regulatory & contractual requirements?
Infrastructure & Platform Management
IT Asset Management
32. What is an Informational Event?
An event that do not require action even though a negative impact is experienced by the business
An event that do not require action when they occur but may be analyzed to uncover desirable steps that will benefit the service
An event that allow actions to be taken before a negative impact is experienced by the business
An event that require action even though its business impact has not yet been experienced
33. What is one way problems relate to incidents?
Problems are controlled by incidents
Problems are the causes of incidents
Incidents offer solutions for problems
Incidents are the causes of problems
34. A (?) specifies the exact combination of components to be made available, and the timing of the release.
Release Post Implementation Review
35. Which contains the details of a configuration item and reflects the life cycle of a single CI?
Configuration Management System
Configuration Management Database
36. The purpose of (?) is to capture demand for incident resolution and service requests and acts as entry point and single point of contact for the service provider with all users.
Service Level Management
Service Request Management
37. What should service level management do to ensure that the current set of services continues to meet the needs of the organization and its customers?
38. Which statement about Service Request is INCORRECT?
Service Requests are not normal part of service delivery
Service Requests comes from users that initiate a service action
Service Requests are pre-determined and pre-agreed
Service Request must be formalized with clear standard procedure
39. The purpose of (?) is to move new or changed hardware, software, documentation, process or any other component to live environments, including testing and staging environments.
Service Configuration Management
40. Which relates BEST to the fifth step in the continual improvement model?
It may be most effective to carry out improvement work iteratively
Implement the improvement plan
Validate success given that the path to improvement is filled with obstacles
Market the successes and reinforce new methods so progress will not be lost
PAGT PM Exam